Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We On Gem!




This might be an old song, I know... forgive me. Anyway this is We On by Gemstones (who was previously Gemini but had to change his name for legal purposes). He is from Chicago and is known for his various appearances on Lupe Fiasco albums. For more info on Gemstones, Click Here, or look below.

Co-signed by Lupe and signed to his 1st & 15th label, GemStones is definitely one to watch for. He’s been holding a mic since the third grade, but his flow is anything but elementary. Formally known as Gemini, GemStones switched up his moniker after running into a legal technicality. “I got a call from my lawyer like ‘some cat got Gemini already,” he says, “but people were callin' me GemStones at that time too. All my fans were callin' me Gemini, but in the hood, it was GemStones. So when it came time to change names I was like, 'Aight, cool.' I got tired of Gemini anyway 'cause people who didn’t know me were like, 'Gemini? What are you a stripper?'"
Impressed? I am.

Share/Save/Bookmark
blog comments powered by Disqus

Commenting FAQ

How do you comment?
To Comment just click the view comment at the bottom of the post you want to comment on.
Why isn't the Facebook Sign In for the Comment Engine working?
For some reason the API is broken on our site (and every other blog I've been on) for some reason... sorry!