Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Look out for Hopsin


Hip Hop fans remember Ruthless Records for being an introduction point to N.W.A., The D.O.C. and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, and now it's Hopsin's turn. He recently just signed to them and is ready to go... apparently he was very popular around his neighborhood. Here's a quote from HipHopDX.com doing an interview.

"Before I got the deal, I was doing little Hip Hop showcases every now and then, and basically just promoting myself on MySpace. I didn't really have a lot of knowledge as far as marketing myself, 'cause it was just me," Hopsin admitted to HipHopDX, speaking from the Ruthless offices in Los Angeles. "I was making all the beats that I rap to and directing all my videos, but I just didn't know how to get out there; I didn't have a manager too." In an age where artists like Drake and Mickey Factz have created movements without labels, the west coast rapper says label support made him national, "The buzz wasn't really, really that big. It was nothing, except around my neighborhood."
Also his label has made a very nice cleanup with who is staying and who is going on the label, because CEO Tomica Wright wants to make sure that every new artist does get focused on from the label perseptive but more from the individual itself.

Hopsin has an album he is working on called
Gazing At The Moonlight with two singles that have already reached the web "Pans In The Kitchen (the video above) & I Am Here." Look out for his album due to release in early 2010. For more information of Hopsin, Click Here.

Share/Save/Bookmark
blog comments powered by Disqus

Commenting FAQ

How do you comment?
To Comment just click the view comment at the bottom of the post you want to comment on.
Why isn't the Facebook Sign In for the Comment Engine working?
For some reason the API is broken on our site (and every other blog I've been on) for some reason... sorry!