Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Can't Me (and Him) Now!



I had to post this I was in the moment, it's such a good song anyway so I am just going to post it if anyone hasn't heard or seen of this song yet. This is Can't Stop Me by Jadakiss off of his The Last Kiss album... no, it's not his last album. By the way, doesn't the Chinese Guy on 0:34, look like Rich Boy? If you have no idea who Rich Boy looks like, Click Here, if you want a referral.

Below is an interview taken by Complex Magazine


Complex: Talk about the new album. Did you feel a little more pressure since you haven't put out a solo album in five years?

Jadakiss: Nah, I ain't really feel no pressure for the album. There's a little pressure because of how the game is changing, and all the digital technology, and how finicky the fans ears are. I'm just a blessed person, just to get love in general. Of course this album is going to be different than my other two because there was much more money spent. The computer thing is sort of trickery, so it's really not even the music. If you make good music, they believe in you, but you have to have your websites poppin', you got to be on these blogs, you got to be at all these types of events. You got to be everywhere, and doing everything, and the more they see and hear you, the more chance you have at success.

Complex: The album's original title was Kiss My Ass. Did the label make you change that to something a little more Wal Mart friendly?


Jadakiss: The label would have left it at Kiss My Ass and let it sell five units if that's what I wanted to do, but from a business point, business man aspect of it, that wasn't smart. People loved it, hardcore hip-hop fans and genuine fans that have been following me loved the idea of that title, but just the fact that Circuit City is closing, Virgin Megastore is closing, there's not too many outlets where you can even get CDs, so to limit my joint to two of the biggest retail stores, I would have been an asshole.

Complex: Right

Jadakiss: So I decided to make the mixtape with Green Lantern. I teamed back up with Green to make the mixtape that's going to come out on February 10 called Kiss My Ass, and the album will come out March 10, The Last Kiss. So I still covered my grounds.
To by the album click on one of the links, AmazoniTunes
--or--
To check out his website, Click Here
Bookmark and Share

blog comments powered by Disqus

Commenting FAQ

How do you comment?
To Comment just click the view comment at the bottom of the post you want to comment on.
Why isn't the Facebook Sign In for the Comment Engine working?
For some reason the API is broken on our site (and every other blog I've been on) for some reason... sorry!